- Never pre-date an action. The Notary may never date an action (acknowledgement, jurat, etc.,) prior to the execution (signature) date appearing on the document involved.
- Never lend a journal, stamp, or other personalized Notary equipment to another individual.
- Never prepare a legal document or give advice on legal matters, or matters pertaining to land titles. This includes the preparation of pleadings, affidavits, briefs and any other submissions to the court.
- Never, in the capacity as a Notary Public, appear as a representative of another person in a legal proceeding.
- Never, in the capacity as a Notary Public, act for others in the collection of delinquent bills or claims.
*For more information please review the public New Jersey Notary Public Manual